Halfway between hiking and climbing, the via ferrata is an activity with unique powerful sensations in a secure environment.
The via ferrata of Evolène consists of three tracks. The starting point is accessible at the exit of the village, by the paragliding car park. A 15 minutes walk will lead you to the cliff's foot. From the beggining of the climbing, you will have a first overhang with a view to take your breath away... and your arms! For the middle part follow the horizontal path also accessible to children. The last part with impressive overhangs is recommended only to via ferrata climbers with experience!
The necessary equipment is composed of:
a rope section with shock-absorber for the via ferrata, a sit-harness, a helmet and hiking shoes. All the material can be hired in sport shops in the region of Evolène.
Mountain guides do stay available if you'd like to be accompanied or juste to have more détails:
Freeride Experience : +41 (0)79 718 20 61
Association des guides du Val d'Hérens : +41 (0)27 283 14 54
- This itineray is equipped with cables and echelons. It is forbidden to go there without the adequate material and without having a perfect knowledge of this equipment !
- Not accessible in case of bad weather.
- Make sure not to be too close one from each other and to be permanently connected to the cable.
- Conditions for children must be very strict, make sure to provide them the better guidance possible.
- Not recommended to people with vertigo.
- The itinerary is to be used only from the bottom to the top.
- Despite the reliability of the equipment on the spot, you bear the responsibility for your own safety. Don't overestimate your abilities!